Mini Breast Augmentation on the Gold Coast, Queensland
A mini boob job can enhance the shape and appearance of your breasts and cleavage using a smaller sized breast implant compared to that used in traditional implant methods. It is also called mini breast augmentation and hybrid breast augmentation if fat transfer is used in the same procedure. It has a very high satisfaction rate among competitive athletes and women with smaller frames.
Dr Mark Doyle offers you the best breast implant options that suit your frame. As a Specialist Plastic Surgeon in Queensland, Dr Mark can provide you with a caring, supportive environment, and decades of experience to help you achieve your desired result.
What is a mini boob job?
Mini breast augmentation is a variant of the traditional breast implant augmentation procedure. It is a cosmetic procedure that increases and enhances the shape and size of your breasts using implants smaller than that used in the traditional breast augmentation method. It is often associated with fat transfer. It gives you a more natural and subtle breast enlargement suitable if you have a small frame and are looking for a slight increase in breast size. It is a procedure that is on the up, more and more females like yourself are opting for the mini version of breast augmentation. Various considerations have to be taken when deciding to undergo this surgery, including taking into account your height, weight, physique, and choosing the best implant size that suits you. Dr Doyle will discuss all these factors with you during your consultation and help you get the best results depending upon your goals.
During your mini breast augmentation consultation at Gold Coast Plastic Surgery, Dr Mark will help you determine exactly what size and shape you would like. After measuring the dimensions of your breasts, Dr Doyle will have you try on several trial breast implants so that you can get an idea of what the final results will look and feel like. This will help you choose the best size according to your physique for a more aesthetic look. Also, he will discuss with you the procedure involved in surgery, recovery, associated risks and clarify any questions that you might have regarding the surgery.
Mini Breast Augmentation
Smoking and surgery
Cigarette smoking can be highly toxic during and after the procedure. If you are a smoker, you must quit smoking at least three months before the surgery, and continue to abstain during the recovery period. Nicotine present in smoke causes blood vessels in your body to shrink, compromises the function of your red blood cells, and lowers oxygen levels in the blood and consequently oxygen delivery to various body parts; thus delaying the wound healing process. It is also associated with various complications during the surgery itself. View our patient resources to find out more about smoking and surgery.
What are the benefits of a mini boob job?
Mini breast augmentation helps rejuvenate your breasts and has several potential benefits over traditional boob jobs.
- It helps you achieve fuller breasts without dramatic enlargement of your breasts out of proportion to your body.
- It helps provide you with a more subtle and natural-looking enlargement to your breast
- It is not associated with physical pain and social concerns associated with large implants yet enhance your cleavage as a large-sized implant would.
- The incidences of capsular contracture and breast sagging are considerably lower- two major complications associated with traditional breast implant surgeries.
Am I a good candidate for a mini boob job?
You are an ideal candidate for mini breast augmentation if:
- You have a small body frame and want a more firm appearance to your breast along with a slight increase in size.
- You do not want the heaviness of large implants to hamper your day to day activities- especially if you are an athlete
- You want a discreet subtle enlargement for your breast.
- You are searching for a more natural result rather than gigantic breasts
- You are realistic about the goals of the procedure and are ready to give up smoking.
- You are of a healthy weight range.
What is a hybrid mini boob job?
Hybrid boob job combines traditional mini breast augmentation techniques with fat transfer to the breast. The use of small fat injections with small breast implants allows Dr Mark to create more cleavage and upper breast fullness with smaller, lighter implants. The advantage of using smaller breast implants which are lighter means they are less likely to droop in the future. Injections of fat around the implants give Dr Mark the opportunity to create more cleavage or fullness of the upper breast as required.
What’s involved in a mini breast augmentation procedure?
Mini boob job is a cosmetic procedure designed to increase and enhance the size and shape of your breast using implants of sizes much smaller than traditional implants (Between 150cc -275 cc). The procedure involved in mini breast augmentation is similar to traditional augmentation surgery with differences being only in size, type, and positioning of implants in pockets.
The surgery typically takes under an hour to complete. The location of the incisions depends on your anatomy, desired goals, and the type of implant you choose. Your surgeon will make every effort to ensure that you get minimal scars following the surgery.
During mini breast augmentation, a space or pocket is created under your breast. Depending on the look you want to achieve, the implant is then placed behind or in front of your chest muscle which is then sealed using absorbable sutures. It is performed as a day surgery procedure meaning you can go home on the day of surgery itself following the initial few hours of monitoring.
The following steps outline different stages of the procedure
- Anesthesia: You will be sedated using either IV sedation or under general anesthesia to ensure full comfort during the procedure. Dr Mark will recommend the best option best for you.
- Making the incision: Incisions are commonly made under the breast to minimize visible scarring post-operatively. The scarring associated is considerably less compared to traditional implant placement surgery. Dr Doyle will discuss with you which incision options are appropriate for your desired outcome. Incisions vary based on the shape of your breasts, the type of implant, and the degree of enlargement desired.
- Inserting and placing the breast implant: After the incision is made, a breast implant of size 150cc -275 cc is inserted into a pocket created either under the pectoral muscle (a submuscular placement) or directly behind the breast tissue, over the pectoral muscle (a submammary/ subglandular/ subfascial placement). Following pocket placement of the implant, the pocket is sealed using absorbable sutures. The method and position of the pocket of your implant are finalized with Dr Doyle before the surgery itself.
- Fat harvest (for Hybrid procedures only) – fat is removed using a liposuction technique from any area of the body where you would like fat removed. The most common areas used are the abdomen, inner thighs, flanks and buttocks. The fat is cleaned prior to reinsertion into the breasts. Areas commonly correctly are the upper breast area and cleavage.
- Closing the incisions: Skin incisions are closed with layered sutures in the breast tissue. The incision line gradually fades over time. The quality of scar tissue left behind depends on your genetics, exposure to nicotine, and infection following surgery, so it is critical to avoid smoking and take prescribed antibiotics after the surgery for best results
- Post-Op recovery: The results of the mini boob job are visible immediately. Soreness, tenderness around the incision site is present following the surgery. Swelling and bruising around your breast are also present. These generally fade after a few weeks following your surgery. You will be prescribed medications to control these symptoms. Bruising and swelling associated with mini boob job is comparatively less compared to traditional methods.
Before and After Breast Augmentation Surgery by Dr Mark Doyle Specialist Plastic Surgeon
To view all of Dr Doyle’s breast implant transformations, click here.
Celebrities who underwent mini boob jobs
Many celebrities undergo cosmetic surgeries to enhance their looks for a better appeal. Mini boob jobs are a surgery which is particularly in the up amongst the celebrities. Several stars including Taylor Swift, Jessica Alba, and former Victoria’s Secret model Miranda Kerr are reported to have undergone mini boob jobs although they haven’t publically stated it.
Commonly Combined With
Mini breast augmentation surgery is popularly combined with a Breast Lift (to address sagging tissue). This procedure is called Breast Lift with Implants Surgery and is one of Dr Doyle’s signature procedures.
Mini boob job surgery can also be combined with Fat Transfer to the Breast (to increase cleavage lines and correct small asymmetries). This is called a Hybrid Breast Augmentation procedure. It’s growing in popularity as it allows patients to use a smaller sized implant yet still achieve similar results.
Mini boob surgery can also be performed at the same time as a Rhinoplasty (Nose Job) procedure as well as other facial surgeries.
There are many benefits of combining multiple procedures into one surgery date. These include having only one recovery period, saving on out of pocket costs, reducing anaesthesia related risks and also having more dramatic transformation.
How long does it take to recover following a mini boob job?
The recovery timeline is similar to traditional breast augmentation and your recovery will be quicker if you have a rapid recovery breast augmentation. The recovery period is usually brief but is very important in achieving maximum results from the surgery. With more people preferring mini boob job over traditional implants these days, the techniques are constantly being improved to facilitate quicker healing and less scarring.
Light physical activities can be done from the day following surgery. You will be expected to feel some discomfort and pain during the recovery periods which lasts a few weeks. You will be advised to take a week off from your job as this will help your body get time to recover and most pain should have subsided during that time. You should refrain from strenuous activities and exercising your chest for about a month following the surgery. You can resume light jogging three weeks after surgery.
It is extremely important to budget for a time you can spend away from work and other obligations, healing in a calm and relaxing environment and avoiding physical strain. Cigarette smoking should be avoided for at least 6 weeks following the surgery. Avoiding it can dramatically improve the quality of scarring as smoking has been shown to cause thick scars. A post-operative surgical bra is given to you to wear for the first six weeks. It supports your implant in place reduces swelling and promotes wound healing. During the first four weeks, repetitive movement of the arm should be avoided as it may cause the implant to dislodge. You will be prescribed anti-pain medications and prophylactic medications by your surgeon to make the recovery period more comfortable.
How long do breast implants last?
The average lifespan of older saline and silicone implants is anywhere between 10-25 years. Newer implants are expected to last longer than the original implants. However, the longevity of implants varies from person to person and on the type and placement of implants. The quality of the implant also plays a crucial role in determining how long it lasts. Dr Mark prefers the quality, durability and longevity of Motiva breast implants.
“Motiva nano textured 6th generation breast implants I believe are the best available implants and are used on all patients. I was one of the first plastic surgeons in Australia to use these implants and have a lot of experience with their use”, says Dr Mark.
Is it worth getting a mini breast augmentation?
It can be worth getting mini breast implants if:
- You are healthy
- You have realistic expectations about what mini breast implants can do for you
- You want a natural enhanced appearance of your breast and cleavage
How much does a mini boob job cost?
Depending upon the requirements, the cost of a mini boob job may vary from person to person. The cost of implants and anesthetist fee is also included in the final cost. Also as this mini boob job is a cosmetic surgical procedure done without medical indications, you will not be eligible for a Medicare rebate. You can learn about how much you can expect to spend on the surgery by booking a consultation with Dr Mark.
Access our list of pricing resources to find about more about the cost of mini breast augmentation surgery:
Am I too young or too old for a mini boob job?
For cosmetic enlargement of your breast, you must be at least 18 years of age as breasts are fully developed by this age. However there is no age limit restriction for a mini boob job, you can undergo the surgery at any stage of your life if you think you will benefit from a mini boob job. The results following the surgery are subjected to change following surgery, so delaying the surgery till after childbirth is recommended.
Which type of breast implant is right for me?
If you’re looking to get a mini boob job done, one consideration will be which type of implant you will want. There are mainly two types of implants used in this surgery: Round or teardrop-shaped silicone implants. Silicone implants are the most commonly used implants with a smooth or nanotextured surface to decrease the risk of capsular contracture and ALCL – (a cancer/lymphoma associated only with implants with a textured surface).
These silicone implants give more projection above the nipple and give a fuller looking breast.
Teardrop-shaped (anatomical) implants
These implants come in various sizes and give your breasts a more natural look with less fullness above the nipple and a more natural feel.
Dr Mark will take you through these options and the different sizes and shapes of the implants according to your requirements during your appointment. You will get to try different sizes of implants by using a specialized bra. Crisalix 3D imaging technology will help you envision your possible results following the surgery.
What are the potential risks of mini breast augmentation surgery?
Though the mini boob job is a safe surgery it is not risk-free. Like all surgical procedures, it is associated with potential risks and complications. You will be familiarized with these risks and will be taught appropriate steps to avoid them by your doctor
The surgery carries some risk of infection, severe bruising, swelling, or complications related to anesthesia, excess fluid collection. You may experience changes in sensation around your breast and nipple. Though the incidences are reduced compared to traditional breast implant surgery, the possibility of implant rupture, capsular contracture, and implant rippling remains. Risks of liposuction are low and will be discussed with you at your consultation.
Book a Consultation
To find out if mini boob job is right for you, book a consultation with Dr Doyle, specialist plastic surgeon on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
- Natural vs. Fake Boobs: 5 Ways to Get Natural-Looking Breasts
- Choosing the Best Breast Implant Size CC for Your Frame
- Hybrid Breast Augmentation: Breast Implants & Fat Transfer
- Motiva Breast Implants and Why Dr Doyle Thinks They Are Best
- Nipple Reshaping and Areola Reduction: Who Is the Ideal Candidate, Benefits, and More
About Dr Mark Doyle FRACS (Plast) – Queensland Plastic Surgeon
Servicing patients in Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Cairns and New South Wales NSW – Northern Rivers, Byron Bay, Ballina, Lismore and more.
Dr Mark Doyle is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with over thirty years of experience performing Breast, Body, Face and Nose surgery. As a highly esteemed plastic surgeon, Dr Mark is driven by an intense passion for helping patients achieve a happier, more beautiful self through advanced cosmetic surgery procedures.
He maintains a strong commitment to achieving the best possible results for all his breast, body, face and nose patients, both men and women.
Do Your Research
What to Bring to Your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative for support and discussion regarding your choices
- Take notes and read all provided information thoroughly
- Read about what to expect in your Initial Surgery Consultation
Book Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
- Get a Referral from your GP or specialist – this is advised but not required to book a consultation with Dr Doyle.
- Email us or call on 07 5598 0988 to arrange your consultation appointment.
- Pay your $285 Consultation Fee in advance to secure your consultation.
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
*DISCLAIMER: All information on Gold Coast Plastic Surgery website is general in nature and is not intended to be medical advice nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Results can vary significantly and depend on individual patient circumstances. All images on this website, unless specified as real patient images, are stock images used for illustrative purposes only. Surgery risks and complications will be covered in detail during a consultation with your surgeon. Book a consult for details regarding your cosmetic surgery procedure.