After surgery, it is important to follow your post-op instructions. These may include taking medication as prescribed, not performing specific exercises or following a diet plan. If you do not follow these instructions, the results of your surgery might be compromised.
Why Follow Post Surgery Instructions?
After surgery, it’s not just about looking great – it’s about being patient while you allow yourself to heal! Following your post-op instructions is so important for a number of reasons:
- Allows for a smooth recovery and avoids any complications during this time.
- Not following the guidelines can lead to infection and other problems in healing.
- If something goes wrong or gets infected then it could affect many more parts of your body than just the area where surgery was performed.
- Starting physical activity too early can impact your wound quality and cause delays in healing.
- Improper scar care can lead to less than desirable scar outcomes.
Post Op Guidance
After your procedure, you will receive a printed copy of your post-op instructions. If you’re unable to locate them, the following files are here for your convenience:
Face & Nose Surgery Post Operative Instructions
Body Surgery Post Operative Instructions
- Liposuction (with or without Fat Transfer)
- Brachioplasty / Arm Lift
- Thigh Lift
Breast Surgery Post Operative Instructions
- Remove & Replace Breast Implants
- Breast Reduction
- Breast Augmentation
- Breast Implant Removal
- Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
- Breast Lift (with or without Implants)
If you have any concerns regarding your care, please do not hesitate to contact our rooms on (07) 5598 0988. If our rooms are unattended and you need medical attention please seek treatment at your GP, an Emergency Department of your choice or call 000.
About Dr Mark Doyle FRACS (Plast) – Queensland Plastic Surgeon
Servicing patients in Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast, Cairns and New South Wales NSW – Northern Rivers, Byron Bay, Ballina, Lismore and more.
Dr Mark Doyle is a Specialist Plastic Surgeon with over thirty years of experience performing Breast, Body, Face and Nose surgery. As a highly esteemed plastic surgeon, Dr Mark is driven by an intense passion for helping patients achieve a happier, more beautiful self through advanced cosmetic surgery procedures.
He maintains a strong commitment to achieving the best possible results for all his breast, body, face and nose patients, both men and women.
Do Your Research
What to Bring to Your Plastic Surgeon Consultation
- Bring a friend or relative for support and discussion regarding your choices
- Take notes and read all provided information thoroughly
- Read about what to expect in your Initial Surgery Consultation
Book Your Plastic Surgery Consultation
- Get a Referral from your GP or specialist – this is advised but not required to book a consultation with Dr Doyle.
- Email us or call on 07 5598 0988 to arrange your consultation appointment.
- Pay your $285 Consultation Fee in advance to secure your consultation.
Please contact us to arrange to book a consultation with our Specialist Plastic Surgeon or to speak with our Patient Care Advisor.
*DISCLAIMER: All information on Gold Coast Plastic Surgery website is general in nature and is not intended to be medical advice nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Results can vary significantly and depend on individual patient circumstances. All images on this website, unless specified as real patient images, are stock images used for illustrative purposes only. Surgery risks and complications will be covered in detail during a consultation with your surgeon. Book a consult for details regarding your cosmetic surgery procedure.