Being at an optimal weight for surgery is very important for the healing process and the best results. To ensure there is minimal risk of complications, Dr Doyle requires his patients to have a stable weight with a BMI of 30-33 or less. Dr Doyle does not offer any weight loss surgeries but can recommend some invaluable resources to help you on your weight loss journey.
DIY Weight Loss Resources
- DIY Weight Loss Program – Free resources to plan and implement your own weight loss program.
- Noom – To help you better understand your relationship with food, how to be more mindful of your habits, and give you the knowledge and support you need for long-lasting change.
- Fooducate – Improve your health by creating good habits & eating more mindfully.
- My Fitness Pal – Log and track, food, calories and workouts.
- Diet Options – Information to ensure your diet is healthy for you.
Weight Loss Coaching
Weight loss coaching is a great way to stay motivated and on track with your weight loss journey. Working one-on-one with a professional can help you identify behaviours, develop realistic goals, and ultimately reach your weight loss goals. Some popular options available online or in person are mentioned below.
- The Method Now – 1 on 1 Nutrition and Lifestyle Coaching.
- Online Weight Loss Dietitian – Support for Busy Professional Mums, providing a 12-week 1:1 online weight loss program without having to count calories or follow a restrictive diet.
- Evolve – 1 on 1 Exercise and Nutrition Coaching.
- BodyLove – Your BMI Journey Companion – Personalised Coaching for Your Ideal Weight
- Rebalance – Nutrition programs and 1 on 1 coaching.
- Rick Brennan Fitness – Coaching, nutrition programs, personalised training programs and personal training options.
- Miss Fit – Personal Training, boot camps and fitness challenges.
- New Start PT – Personal training tailored to you.
- The Fat Loss Protocol – Weight loss program to gain an understanding of your body’s specific needs, lose weight in a healthy way and increase your energy and well-being.
- Prodigy Strength & Fitness – Small group training or personalised 1 on 1 training.
Weight Loss Injectables
Weight Loss injectables are a medical, fat reduction treatment that is administered by qualified and experienced doctors. They can help you reach your desired weight loss goals.
If you’re looking to learn more about the medications available, do some research on Saxenda or the HCG diet. That said, depending on your medical background and current situation, there are many different options available.
To speak with a doctor about medical weight loss options in Gold Coast and surrounding areas, visit the following website: Dr Zara Mason at Robina Family Medical Centre.
Bariatric surgery is an option for those who have not been able to achieve their weight loss goals with diet and exercise. It is an effective procedure that can help you lose excess body fat when combined with lifestyle changes like increased physical activity and healthy eating habits.
While bariatric surgery is a viable option, it’s important to understand the risks associated so always do your research. If you are considering bariatric surgery you can visit this list of weight loss surgeons available in the Gold Coast.
Dr Doyle’s Blog
Dr Doyle’s blog covers key information you’ll need to know before tummy tuck surgery. You can read more about the Ideal Weight for Tummy Tuck and tips on how to achieve this.
When you are closer to the ideal BMI for surgery, Dr Doyle can discuss with you in consultation regarding the subsequent steps towards your surgery. If there is anything else that we can assist you with, please don’t hesitate to reach out.